Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've found a very up-to-date, accurate, fairly comprehensive, and well-laid-out guide to using udev for your USB devices. It's on the Gentoo Wiki (naturally), but applies to all distros using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

HOW-TO: Leverage the power of udev to manage your USB devices.

I've found a very up-to-date, accurate, fairly comprehensive, and well-laid-out guide to using udev for your USB devices. It's on the Gentoo Wiki (naturally), but applies to all distros using a 2.6 kernel, and is completely independent of any desktop environment (such as KDE or Gnome). In fact, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty, this can give you a much more powerful solution than what's built into KDE and Gnome.
    This is ideal for USB thumb/pen drives, Palm devices and other PDAs, mice, and even missile launchers!

Here's the link.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Yes, udev is really nice. Getting the rules working perfectly can be tricky are requiere some experience. You can do some neat thing like naming your iPod /dev/ipod instead of plain /dev/sda2 or your flash memory /dev/kingston

Thanks for the link
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums