Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all! I am using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D laptop. I want to use GNU/linux as my main OS on my system. I have compiled my own linux system ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

IRQ starvation: PCMCIA does not work proper. Please HELP!

Hi all!

I am using a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo D laptop. I want to use GNU/linux as my main OS on my system. I have compiled my own linux system from scratch. glibc 2.2, Linux 2.4.

I have some trouble using my PCMCI hardware. I have got a Sitecom WL-011 wireless network card, witch uses a ATMEL chip. I have got a driver for this card which should work fine!. However when the driver initalizes I get a message that says that the IRQ is bussy

/proc/interrupts says that the IRQ is shared with my onboard LAN interface. However in Windows[tm] both thease devices use different IRQ's. Is there a way how I can tune the kernel to specify which IRQ my PCMCIA uses? (or is there an other solution to my problem?)

When the driver initalizes I first hear a high beeb and then followed by a low beeb.

Thanks for your attention.

Friendly Regards.

Mel.

Just Joined!
    I have sloved my own problem

I was using linux-2.4.21 and acpi was not working proper. I upgraded to linux-2.4.26 and then the acpi was working proper. Because of this my pcmcia works great now!

Bye,

Mel.