Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have an older Dell Latitude CPiA 400XT laptop, and recently got it to work with an even older hard drive--all of 342 MB. I have 4GB of thumb drives ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Belkin wireless G card drivers

I have an older Dell Latitude CPiA 400XT laptop, and recently got it to work with an even older hard drive--all of 342 MB. I have 4GB of thumb drives that work in the USB port. I have Win 98SE on the compressed hard drive, and it works fine. But I need to be able to get on the wireless network at LUG meetings, and so I can get MEPIS LITE to load by booting from a floppy and then swapping control to the CD, and running it as a live CD. Only problem is that the Belkin F5D7010 Wireless G PC Card did not come with Linux drivers. (I also have a USR G-Max card, but the Spec 1 Cardbus adapter in this computer will not recognize it, so I had to get something with older technology.

Anybody have or know where I can obtain, a driver for this card, which works fine in Win 98SE?????

John H. Waaser
    jhwaaser@gmail.com

Just Joined!
    Unfortunately, as far as I know, Belkin don't make Linux drivers for their wireless networking devices.

You can use ndiswrapper to "wrap" Windows drivers for use on Linux systems. But I sense that doing that in your case would be a problem.
    If I understand correctly, you need a wireless connection to be able to access your Linux installation? That what it seems from your post... maybe I'm misunderstanding.

You can get Windows drivers for your card here.
    There's a thread here about getting wireless networks working with ndiswrapper.

I'm not sure exactly how the Windows drivers will work there, but you should be able to locate the .inf and .sys files that it installs. You'll need those files for Linux.