Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey im trying to install linux on my dell dimension 8250 and i tried using slackware 9.1 and red hat 9.0, but for some reason once the cd starts loading ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help installing linux please!

hey im trying to install linux on my dell dimension 8250 and i tried using slackware 9.1 and red hat 9.0, but for some reason once the cd starts loading the kernel and then tries to detect my keyboard (red hat) or slackware asks me if i have a US keyboard my keyboard doesnt respond, ive tried rebooting so many times but it still wont work, i even tried using a different keyboard but same thing, im using a dell quietkey keyboard actually both are dell quiet keyboards and theyre standard not like usb or anything, i also have a microsoft optical mouse, anyone know why it keeps freezing when it tries to detect my keyboard, i really want to use linux, please help thanks!

Just Joined!

Have you tried???

Dear the information which you provided here I think is not enough to solve your problem However, Is it a Serial keyboard or PS/2, If its a serial then try to mention the exact port on which the Keyboard is placed or if it is a PS/2 then select Microsof compatable PS/2. Hope your problem will be resolved.

Regards.
    Mumtaz Mehmood.