Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I have a Debian etch working in a Dell Optiplex 320, but when I try to configure the sound, it doesn't work. I tried the sound_hda_intel module but doesnt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sound on Debian Etch with Dell Optiplex 320

Hello!

I have a Debian etch working in a Dell Optiplex 320, but when I try to configure the sound, it doesn't work. I tried the sound_hda_intel module but doesnt work. anybody could help me?

Just Joined!
    You need to make sure the alsamixer isn't on mute. Open your sound mixer and make sure nothing is muted. You can also run alsamixer or amixer to make sure nothing is muted. If this doesn't work see the next step.

You need to run:

Code:
    alsaconf
    This will try and find a sound device to use.

If this doen't work post the output of alsaconf. Alot can be found out from this. Also post the 'uname -a' and 'lspci'.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarboy
    You need to make sure the alsamixer isn't on mute. Open your sound mixer and make sure nothing is muted. You can also run alsamixer or amixer to make sure nothing is muted. If this doesn't work see the next step.

You need to run:

Code:
    alsaconf
    This will try and find a sound device to use.

If this doen't work post the output of alsaconf. Alot can be found out from this. Also post the 'uname -a' and 'lspci'.

Hi!!

Thanks! I am not sure, but I think that the point it was to use that command:
    to save the mixer configuration...

#alsactl store

The sound itś ok right now!