Find the answer to your Linux question:
Howdy, I've got a strange problem. I am using the logitech mx700 wireless mouse on mandrake 10 kernel 2.6.6. Ice is my favorite window manager, but for some reason my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Horizontal Scrolling in IceWM?

Howdy,
    I've got a strange problem. I am using the logitech mx700 wireless mouse on mandrake 10 kernel 2.6.6.

Ice is my favorite window manager, but for some reason my scroll wheel doesn't work right.
    Under KDE and GNOME everything works fine, but for some reason under Ice, the scroll wheel works horizontally.

At first i didn't think it was working at all so i did all the normal steps to try and get it working, but to no avail. Then one day i was at a website where the page was too wide to be displayed and i accidently hit my wheel mouse out of habit to scroll down. Low and behold the sum***** scrolled sideways.

Anyway, perhaps anyone else has had this problem (i couldn't find it under several searches), or maybe somebody knows how to invert the axis the wheel uses?

I don't think its an x86 thing because like i said, it works in other window managers.

Any help is appreciated

--Jason

P.S. this is:
    IceWM 1.2.13, Copyright 1997-2003

Just Joined!
    hmmm... cancel that request...

I went looking through my XF86-Config file again and found that my Zaxismapping was set to 7 and 8....
    i switched that to 4 and 5 and i'm good to go.

Don't ask me when or how that happened... or even why that worked in KDE and GNOME...

anyway thanks for your time and sorry for taking up space