Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi: I need advice on the best (one that will give me at least 1200 dpi quality) print/scan/copy combo that works perfectly with Linux. I have rummaged through several sites ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best Multi-function printer (scan,copy) for Linux

Hi:
    I need advice on the best (one that will give me at least 1200 dpi quality) print/scan/copy combo that works perfectly with Linux.

I have rummaged through several sites that list printers working/not working with linux. Lot of info but nothing like first hand experience from guys who are already using them, is there?

Oh, and did I mention -- cheap? :o

Thanks for all replies.

Just Joined!

Multifunction Devices

I have the same problem. The printing side does not seem to present too many problems it all seems to come down to scanning. That being the case then this is the must visit site http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html.

I would be staying completely away from any multi function device unless you can find one that is totally supported, with both a Linux front and back end.

The good news is that it seems to me that the most supported scanners are from Mustek & Plustek which both seem to manufacture budget scanners.

I for one intend to support manufacturers who support Linux in the future.

Just Joined!
    if you find any distro that supports the Plustek UT12, Vector, Mandrake, Arch .. don't, let me know

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close