Wondering if anyone can help me out here. I have a Canon Powershot A75 and am having issues connecting it to my Debian system via USB.

When I connect it, and switch the camera over to play mode, I get the new device message right away in KDE, and choose 'Open in new window'. Konqueror pops up and displays the root directory on my camera's flash card as system:/media/camera. The bottom of the Knoqueror screen displays 'Initializing Camera' and then a progress bar appears in the lower right corner of Konqueror. It hangs at 3% and disappears after about 10 seconds. I can browse through my camera's directories, but only very slowly (takes up to 30 seconds or so to get a new directory to come up). When I finally get the folder with the pictures to come up, the thumbnails display and it takes another 15-30 seconds per picture at best to copy each photo to my hard disk. The first time I did this it didn't even copy and I got an error message (which I can't remember or duplicate right now).

I browsed all over the net for answers, and the only one that seems to work is from here: http://www.mepis.org/node/3177 . I tried using
Code:
gphoto2 --get-all-files
as the one poster suggests and everything copies over in seconds. I'd like to avoid opening a terminal window every time I want to import a few photos though. Any suggestions?

Thanks much
Don