Find the answer to your Linux question:
This was brought on by getting KNOPPIX to remove Fedora Core 6 (See my Intel PRO/Wireless thread for the precursor information.) I've been able to get the WinXP CD to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Windows XP Fails to see HDD

This was brought on by getting KNOPPIX to remove Fedora Core 6 (See my Intel PRO/Wireless thread for the precursor information.) I've been able to get the WinXP CD to finally say "Press any key to boot from CD..." (It didn't before because there was no MBR written.)

When Windows XP Setup tries to start setup (IE: Hitting Enter or R) it complains there is no Harddrive (The harddrive is currently formatted with KNOPPIX testdisk with an MBR on HPFTS - NTFS.)

Please note: I can't use a floppy drive.

download SuperGRUB CD from here, boot from hit and select Fix Windows option.
    if Windows Installation CD doesn't detect harddisk after that, boot up from Knoppix CD, execute 'fdisk -l' command in Konsole and post output here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    download SuperGRUB CD from here, boot from hit and select Fix Windows option.
    if Windows Installation CD doesn't detect harddisk after that, boot up from Knoppix CD, execute 'fdisk -l' command in Konsole and post output here.
    I searched dir.linuxforums.org for SuperGRUB and the directory didn't find anything in ALL. You can see the result from FDISK -L however below.

sorry ! missed download link in last post.
    download SuperGRUB CD from here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First