Find the answer to your Linux question:
is it possible to hooke my laptop up too a regular pc monitor so i use the pc monitor instead of the laptop monitor...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

laptop and monitor

is it possible to hooke my laptop up too a regular pc monitor so i use the pc monitor instead of the laptop monitor

Just Joined!
    You can connect a PC Monitor to your laptop and use the PC Monitor as your laptop display but you cant use your laptop screen as a PC Monitor unless ur a braniac and dismantel ur laptop and add a VGA (or DVI) connector to the wires.

Linux Newbie

laptop to pc monitor

This actaully make your graphics card work better, as the power normally used by the monitor is redistributed. I am not totally sure of the reason, but on my lold laptop this was definatly the case. I would recommend giving it a go. If it does not work, what have you lost?? There should be a standard VGA port on the rear of the laptop. If there is go for it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    If there is a video out (a 'usually' blue, female serial port) connect your monitor to it, and go into the properties of your graphics card.

there should be a section to have multiple monitors (or to change the default output monitor) and make sure you have all current drivers installed

Just Joined!
    sounds great i'am thinking about buying a laptop and using it as my home and on the go comp