Find the answer to your Linux question:
I purchased the Audigy LS a few weeks ago and to my surprose found out that is has a unique chipset and there are no drivers available. After many seaches ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sound Blaster Audigy LS

I purchased the Audigy LS a few weeks ago and to my surprose found out that is has a unique chipset and there are no drivers available. After many seaches for support I came across this web site: http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-dev.../msg12892.html. I followed the instructions on the page and the drivers installed without a problem, however this card is not plug and play. So I'm guessing I have to manually configure it.....anyone know how to go about doing that. Please let me know I'm a newbie

Linux Engineer
    if the driver is installed ok then it should work. make sure that the levels properly set with a mixer such as aumix/kmix/gamix/amix

Just Joined!
    The driver was installed correctly, however I don't know how to configure the sound card because linux doesn't automatically recognize it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    What kind of card is it, ie. PCI/ISA, etc.?

Just Joined!
    it is a PCI

Linux Guru
    Then it has to be plug-and-play. All PCI cards are plug-and-play - you can't make a PCI card that's not plug-and-play, that's physically impossible.

Just Joined!
    Yeah it should be plug and play but Linux does not recognize it automatically.