Best Distro for Custom Hardware?
It's my first post here, and so I just want to say thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide, and I look forward to trying to be helpful elsewhere someday!
Basically, my question is simple: what's the best distro (or distro to be finagled) to work with my custom hardware? I built the PC myself about a month ago, and I love it, but I'm hoping to start transitioning away from winblows for day to day use. Here's the hardware:
- Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k at 4.2GHz
- RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2133
- Video Card: (2x) XFX ATI Radeon HD6950 2GB in Crossfire
- Hard Drive #1: Crucial 64GB SATA3 SSD
- Hard Drive #2: OCZ Vertex2 60GB SATA3 SSD
- Hard Drive #3: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green SATA2 HDD
- DVD-ROM: ASUS DRW-24B1ST
- Monitor: (3x) Acer G235h 23" Widescreen Monitor
- Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse II Wired USB Keyboard
- Mouse: Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
- Networking: Either NetGear WNDA3100v2 or Linksys WUSB54GCv3
- Other inputs: 3DConnexion SpacePilot Pro 3D Mouse
It's an awesome machine to use, and I love it, but I don't love Ubuntu's compatibility issues with some of my hardware (not wanting to do multi-monitor, etc) and I always love something new to play with, so a new Distro is not a problem at all. Any recommendations?