Can't connect to Sony Clie with KPilot
I'm using Fedora FC2.
The Clie is connected to one of the USB ports and the Hardware Browser is able to find it. It's listed as:
Sony Corp. Clie NR70 PDA Serial
It's actually a PEG-SJ33 but so what, Linux can see it but KPilot is hopeless. I tried all the USB devices (/dev/ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, etc.) while pressing the hotsync button on the Clie and KPilot wasn't able to see it.
This is a little annoying because I can connect my Cannon A70 camera via a USB port and the Digital Camera Tool is able to find the A70 without any extra input on my part.
Has anyone out there sync'd their Clie with KPilot?
Thanks in advance.
kpilot and SUSE 9.3 not talking
I too can't get my Clie SJ-22 (Palm by Sony) to sync over USB with SUSE 9.3. I tried all of the hotplug and udev fixes that I found various forums including the kpilot home site, all to no avail. As a test, I poped in a Knoppix CD and booted Knoppix from the CD and attempted to sync with its kpilot, and IT WORKED - sort of. Kpilot on Knoppix did detect the Clie SJ-22 and sync to it. The data was in the kpilot screens but the conduit to Kontacts only partially worked in that part of the contacts didn't make it into Kontact. Worse, when I sync'd a second time my palm was made to match the Kontact's mutilated data. I had to resync with XP to get the data back. Knoppix does not use udev and SUSE does.
Ok, so based on this experience, something about SUSE 9.3's kpilot over USB is broken and I suspect that it is in the changes to utilize udev. Secondly, the data loss experience make me worry about how stable kpilot really is.
Same with Sony CLIE PEG S-360 and SUSE 9.3
I am unable to get my Sony CLIE PEG S-360 to connect so I can sync with Evolution or any of the other Pilot applications, either. Works fine with Mandriva 2005 SE, but nothing with SUSE 9.3.
Update on Clie with Kpilot
It now works but I can't tell you what changed. My Clie SJ-22 sync'd over the USB with Kpilot on SUSE 9.3. However, once the data was in Korganizer the conduit made a tranposition that made ALL contact infor require a manual edit. The data in the Clie's TITLE field was placed into the Korganizer's ROLE field. Plus, if the ROLE field was blank, I had to go to each contact and edit in a character into the blank ROLE field and then deleter it in order for the contact to properly display. I submitted a KDE bug report and was advised that this was a know bug that would be fixed in the next KDE release.
Sony CLIE PEG S-360 Now Working, Too!
After reading the posts, I did some Google searching, once again, regarding this issue. I found a solution! I'm not real sharp with Linux, as I'm pretty new to using it. But, I found that it had to do with permissions. For openers, I did not have the choice for /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 or for USB1 showing. I had to add that in my list in Evolution.
The other thing I did was in a terminal, typed dlpsh -p /dev/usb/ttyUSB1. Doing so, I found that I had to be su to enter the command. There was a suggestion, giving as command for chmod. I then logged in as su, did the command again, followed by the chmod command, as suggested. Everything began working perfectly! As I say, I'm not really good with Linux yet, but by following the suggested command, everything began working just fine!!