Choosing a motherboard for building Linux systems
I am building a network of Linux machines that will...
- behave as routers / WLAN access points / LAN-over mains switches
- stream audio to and from each other
The first thing to do is choose which motherboard to buy.
My target spec is now...
- audio SPDIF header which has input pin as well as output pin
- well suited for desktop Debian Linux
- very common chipset to ensure compatibility
- doesn't have to be high performance
- low cost
- known to be sold in high volumes / commonly used so plenty of Linux drivers
- ideally dual (or more) LAN ports
Anybody have any suggestions...?
Thanks in advance,