Need HELP - Lacie 2Big NAS Recovery
I have a LaCie NAS with 2 500 Gig drives in RAID 1. It is my back-up disk and archive. The NAS controller has evidently got a problem and is confused. It reported a drive bad so I sent the drive back to LaCie. They erased it, tested it, and sent it back as being OK. Now I only have 1 copy.
I have corresponded with their help desk and basically they won't help access the data other than to tell me it is a Linux Op System. I do not understand their attitude. The last comment they made was that if they told me how to access my data it would void the warranty.:confused:
I am windows centric but old DOS/VMS hand so I don't mind delving into Linux. Several posts here and elsewhere have led me to the following:
1) I have latest knoppix on bootable CD
2) I have accessed drive and have attached latest troubleshooting info as txt file.
3) It appears to be be typical Linux RAID as mdadm reports info
4) I am stymied by this error message:
/dev/.tmp.md4. does not exist and is not a 'standard' name so it cannot be created
5) At this point results have varied too far from posted info I have found.
6) It looks to me like I should be able to rename RAID device but can't quite piece together how to do that.
Can anyone help? I wish to mount drive and copy data to another location before I fool further with NAS.