Prevent mdadm soft-raid to mount degraded?
I was wondering if someone knew how to set up the linux softraid 'mdadm' in a way that it would only auto-mount arrays if all disks are present.
The default configuration is to auto-scan all partitions for raid-headers, and assemble and start any found. Even degraded.
I could not find a hint in man or forum pages...
The point is avoiding a resync if one disks just happens not to start properly. Also to make sure I don't miss a fault. So if a disks fails, I would notice it, solve it, and mount manually.
I tested the default behavior:
- disconnect on of six disks in a raid6 array.
- start machine. It automounts degraded.
- power off, reconnect disk.
- start machine. It remains degraded. Disk is not
added back into the array.
- Add manually with --manage /dev/... --add /dev/...
- array resyncs.