I don't do alot of printing from Linux, but wanted to try OpenOffice and made a document to print out in writer containing plain text and a small table. After 3 times printing, the last being 'print selection' with the text and table highlighted, all I get is the last row of the table (All three times)
I'm using a HP 540 deskjet as a local printer on the LPT, and GS+GIMP CUPS drivers. My test page came out OK. All I have is a black cart, so I haven't tried to print any images or from any other sources.
Any ideas, guys
I'll assume that you're using cups...what driver are you using? Do you have foomatic installed?
Its CUPS, Ghostscript + GIMP drivers, and although I don't really see the need for foomatic(One printer, connected to the LPT), it is installed.
OK...what DE are you running? In KDE, the installing a printer is EZ..just go to Control Panel->Peripherals->Printers and add a new printer (make sure you tell it to use cups and that cupsd is running). Then all you have to do is enter the settings and you're done. If the test page doesn't print, then we have problems.
Uh, I installed the printer to the system during the OS install, and my test page came out just great!
After that, when trying to print from OpenOffice, it's all screwed up.
I made a simple document, with a title and a table for me to double check my IP addy's and machine names for my SAMBA probs. The whole thing took maybe a third of a sheet of standard paper, in layout. When I printed it, all I got was half of the last row of the table, and it was turned sideways, like I had it set for 'landscape mode' I went into the printer settings panel and checked to see if the defaults were set for 'legal size' or 'landscape' but no.
Maybe I have a bug for OpenOffice.org?
That's wierd...I haven't had any problems printing in OOo. You may have a buggy install or something, but I'm not sure. :|
I just have a similar problem. I think there is a bug with ghostscript since pdf export does not work properly either. It works just fine as root and when printing from staroffice 7. So I guess there is a bug in OOo. The connection to any postscript does not really work properly in a normal user installation. I am using a Lexmark Optera E312, this means full postscript 2 emulation. So it is not the printer.
So I suggest havng a look in the setup of the gs-setup to solve the problem. Unfortunately I am stll working on it and I have no solution available so far.
Good luck :-)