SB Live card permanently mute
I'm using an SB live PCI card on a AMDx2 system with Mandriva 2008.1.
It was working perfectly for years with every single distro I had. A few weeks ago I bought an external audio device from Behringer, which also worked well (alongside the SBLive). The only problem with that was that it didn't support hardware mixing so I decided to go back to my sblive. Also, during that time period, I had a motherboard failure, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Here's what I know...
1. /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer devices are present
2. Audacity detects the card under ALSA
3. All mixer settings are maxed out and not muted
4. The card was tested today in an XP box and is working
5. No programs make any complaint about the card
6. I can run a radio on the line in and manipulate the volume via aumix
7. ALSA thinks the USB device is still there even though I booted without it.