Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello all, i was just wondering if anyone knows a website that offers all the different parts that constitute the linux os, each part is put alone in a folder ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need linux parts and source code

hello all,
    i was just wondering if anyone knows a website that offers all the different parts that constitute the linux os, each part is put alone in a folder with the source code and a tutorial that explains the work of each part and how to edit it so that at the end one would build his own version of linux os
    i hope you understood what i want , and i'm asking this caus once i found a website that had all of this but i lost the url and ever since i'm looking for it but coudn't find it
    i would really appriciate your help
    thank you all :o

Linux Engineer
    I suggest you look at LFS(linux from scratch).

Linux Enthusiast
    that is www.linuxfromscratch.org if you want a URL. Any questions you can directo to #linuxfromscratch on irc.linuxfromscratch.org or you can just ask here. I have been using LFS for about 2 years now, have become pretty good with it.
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

thanks

well thanks alot i really apriciate it, and just want to ask you wassy121 since u used it, will it be hard to build the hall system if u read the documents that r suplied, is the documents enough??
    thanks again alot for the help

-Dewey-

Just Joined!

somthing about the lfs books

hey wassy121
    i was downloading the books and i got the version 4.0-rc1 and i got the cvs but can you tell me what is the differenc about them, or they are the same book just different versions just so i would know which to read and work with

thanks
    -Dewey-