Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok firstly im running Windows XP SP2, 512MB RAM and my disk drive is Maxtor 6V200EO and im using Intel Pentium D 3.40GHz CPU. I was wondering if anyone could ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

dual boot? where do i start?

Ok firstly im running Windows XP SP2, 512MB RAM and my disk drive is Maxtor 6V200EO and im using Intel Pentium D 3.40GHz CPU.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a simple explanation of how to dual boot Sabayon x86 3.3b with Windows XP SP2, because ive read lots of articles and tutorials on this subject and yet, none seem to make much sense to me.

Also it would be great if someone could tell me how to correctly partition my drive, because as yet i have not found a tutorial that explains it clearly enough =[

And on a final note, what partition sizes should i use for Windows XP SP2 and Sabayon x86 3.3b?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated =]

Partition size is up to you. Find a partitioning tool such gparted or systemrescuecd, both of which can downloaded from distrowatch.com. How are going to boot the pc are going to use grub, which by the way is the easiest to configure. Its not as hard as you think to dual boot your pc.

DistroWatch.com: GParted LiveCD
    DistroWatch.com: SystemRescueCd
    GNU GRUB - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

If you need any help let me know

Just Joined!
    hey thanks for ur awesome info there...but after all that ive decided just to run sabayon on my system, after all linux does beat windows hands down lol

thanks for ur help anyways