Find the answer to your Linux question:
Trying to install Mandrake 9.0 on an HP Pavilion ze4200 (laptop). During the install process the keyboard works fine, and during the boot menu the keyboard work, but after that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

FIXED: "Keyboard not Working after install"

Trying to install Mandrake 9.0 on an HP Pavilion ze4200 (laptop). During the install process the keyboard works fine, and during the boot menu the keyboard work, but after that it seems to quit. When I get to the login screen, the keyboard is dead, including caps_lock, num_lock, etc.....

I've gone back thru the install, but I'm a linux rookie, and haven't been able to find a driver option for the keyboard. I've also booted in failsafe & linux_nonfb(?), but the result is the same.

The Fix: I went into the BIOS of the laptop and changed the internal/external mouse settings. By default this setting is on Auto, which means if an external mouse is detected, the built in mouse is deactivated. I changed the setting to "BOTH", and this Fix my problem.

I wanted to post this out here for anyone in the future that might run across the same situation.

I'm still trying to figure out the built in NIC lockup, but that's in another post.

Floppyrat

Linux Enthusiast
    awesome, that's good that you posted the solution for it and didn't just bail out on others