I'm sure you people are tired of this question, I know I'm tired of having it. I've searched the forum (and google) and couldn't really find this issue. I had a dell laptop for ages that I dual booted fine with, however, I'm attempting to dual boot vista on a Sony Desktop, as well as FC7. Install Vista, yay it works. Go to install Fedora, everything works fine, GRUB finds the other hd partition with Vista on it. I go to boot that partition when the computer boots, and it gives me a blank screen, then reboots. I'm not sure, but my gut tells me the issue is in the sony recovery partition, but it doesn't seem like that really should effect grub trying to boot to partition 2 of that hard drive (hd0,0 is sony recovery, hd0,1 is vista). Any advice?
grub.conf is as follows, if you need it. If it isn't immediately clear, 'Other' is Vista.
Code:
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd1,6)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=1
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd1,6)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora (2.6.22.1-41.fc7)
        root (hd1,6)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.1-41.fc7 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb q$
        initrd /initrd-2.6.22.1-41.fc7.img
title Fedora (2.6.21-1.3228.fc7)
        root (hd1,6)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb$
        initrd /initrd-2.6.21-1.3228.fc7.img
title Other
        rootnoverify (hd0,1)
        chainloader +1