Find the answer to your Linux question:
First, let me apologize for being a leech, and only posting when I need something, sorry I can't contribute yet. Anyways, I'm about to construct my first computer, and intend ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Requesting Help for Linux Desktop

First, let me apologize for being a leech, and only posting when I need something, sorry I can't contribute yet. Anyways, I'm about to construct my first computer, and intend to install Fedora or Red Hat through cd, but before I continue with purchasing parts and downloading a distro, could anyone enlighten me on any manufacturers that those distros don't support by default(my first kernel, don't want to mess with extra drivers or anything yet) here's what I have going so far(also warn me if my hardware isn't compatible with itself).
    -Wester Digital 80GB hard drive
    -Corsair 1gb RAM
    -AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHZ
    -Foxcon NVIDIA nForce4 Motherboard/vga combo
    My apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I was on a borderline with this area, Linux Newbies, and Fedora, installation made the most sense to me, even if I'm not installing yet.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, hydralisk23!

The hardware you mentioned looks fine for working with Linux to me. Be sure to take a look at the link in my signature for lots of good information on getting started with Linux, and post back if you have any other questions.

Have fun with Linux!

oz
    oz