Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed Open Suse 10.2 64 bit version on an IBM xseries 346 machine. The system has 2 hard disk of 146 GB each. Both the disk are configured ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux 10.2 does not boot

I have installed Open Suse 10.2 64 bit version on an IBM xseries 346 machine.

The system has 2 hard disk of 146 GB each. Both the disk are configured in Raid 0. The installation goes well, but the system is unable to boot after the installation giving error : No operating system found on the disk

Same is happening with the other machine which has 4 hard drives of 146 GB each and all of them are configured in RAID 0.

What could be the reason ?

Your kind help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by me_spearhead View Post
    I have installed Open Suse 10.2 64 bit version on an IBM xseries 346 machine.

The system has 2 hard disk of 146 GB each. Both the disk are configured in Raid 0. The installation goes well, but the system is unable to boot after the installation giving error : No operating system found on the disk

Same is happening with the other machine which has 4 hard drives of 146 GB each and all of them are configured in RAID 0.

What could be the reason ?

Your kind help is appreciated
    Hey,
    Do you have Sata Harddisk? If yes you need to install sata drivers. Otherwise check your hardware specs with Suse hardware compalibilily list
    Hardware - openSUSE

Also you can boot from any live CD for i.e Knoppix and Using that if possible can you post the output of
    Code:
    #fdisk -l
    #ls -la /boot
    Regards,

who |grep -i blonde |
    date; cd~; unzip; touch;
    strip; finger; mount; gasp;
    yes; uptime; umount;
    sleep

Newbie clicks
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ead-first.html