Find the answer to your Linux question:
i dled kubuntu from there site and put the iso on a cd and i can boot from it and run it (im on right now) but.... when i try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

instalation freezes

i dled kubuntu from there site and put the iso on a cd and i can boot from it and run it (im on right now) but.... when i try to install it i do all the steps and it gets to around 30 percent then the computer makes a beep from the pc speaker then nothing it freezes i cant move the mouse no key board inputs work nothing i have to hit the power button but i will start back up fine...........

ive done it a few times once it stopped at 27% and another at 31% i dont remember the other percentage but it was close to those numbers

so whats going on???

im installing it on a second hd that has no partitions (had no partitions when i started...)

It looks problem is in Installation Media. Try to re-burn .iso image at slowest possible speed.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    ok i did slowest speed last time but could have had an odd fingerprint or something that messed with the disk.... ill try again......

also i just ran the memory test in the iso and stopped it before it got to half because it had over 7000 errors is it normal to have that many errors??? should i have let it finish??

7000 errors is not a normal. Scan HardDisk with Disk Utility provided by your HardDisk vendor. Check RAM sticks too.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    7000 errors is not a normal. Scan HardDisk with Disk Utility provided by your HardDisk vendor. Check RAM sticks too.
    i ran the test from seagate and it said pass (they have a few different tests i chose the long disk self test as opposed to the short disk self test)

how do i check the ram sticks

Try RAM sticks in other machine.

Just Joined!
    Try RAM sticks in other machine.
    i only have this one computer.... (i do have a couple older ones but they are a good amount older so its the other ram in those) and my parents and brother all have laptops.....

is there any other way.......

btw i am on the computer right now running xp it does freeze sometimes.... and also restarts sometimes but all my spyware searchers (spybot s&d, super anti spyware, adaware, ca anti spyware) and my virus scanner (ca virus scan) all come back clean

Its a hardware problem only and I think problem is in RAM Sticks only. How much RAM do you have? Could you remove one of the stick and check if Windows crashes again.
    You dont have any virus/spyware problem and Windows anti-spyware or anti-virus packages do not detect hardware problems and

Just Joined!
    Its a hardware problem only and I think problem is in RAM Sticks only. How much RAM do you have? Could you remove one of the stick and check if Windows crashes again.
    You dont have any virus/spyware problem and Windows anti-spyware or anti-virus packages do not detect hardware problems and
    yea i have a 512 and a 256 stick i hope its not the 512.... thatll suck