Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, i am a new one in linux world. i installed linux 8 once and it worked fine. but now i am trying to install linux 9 and it detects ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux 9 mysterious problem

hi,
    i am a new one in linux world. i installed linux 8 once and it worked fine. but now i am trying to install linux 9 and it detects all my hardware properly but just as it is about to start the graphical mode(after detecting all the hardwares) it says "Input not supported". i have had the same problem with fedora. i am giving my configuration below:

AMD athlon XP 1.8 GHz
    40 GB HDD
    512 MB RAM
    monitor- LCD monitor model- AOC LM520/520A
    graphic card- S3 Prosavage DDR (it is integrated with motherboard)

please someone help!!!!!

All i see is a blank monitor with "Input not supported" written in large letters.

i installed linux 8 afterward and it installed perfectly and i have checked the cd and they were burned properly (they passed the test)

Linux User
    I did a few google searches and came across this thread that mentions having to edit the default /etc/X11/XF86Config file:
    Code:
    Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "savage"
    VendorName "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName "S3 ProSavageDDR"
    Option "UseBIOS" "no"
    EndSection
    Specifically its addit the Option "UseBIOS" "no" option that made it work for that user. Try booting up RH9 in non-graphical mode (or ctrl+alt+backspace to kill X once it launches the blank window), su root and edit that file to include that option.