Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hello dear, I don't know what happens to my system. Last two week back, I bought usb and use it. After that, it happen like this. I have two OS, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

My BIOS can not see harddrive!!! Help!

Hello dear,
    I don't know what happens to my system. Last two week back, I bought usb and use it. After that, it happen like this. I have two OS, Linux and XP.
    At first, I am using RH9. When I switch on system, sometimes, it can not be booted. Then I think that, RH9 has gnome problem and I upgraded to Fedora core 2.
    After that, it is more worse. I can not use the whole day. I use linux installer cd and I use bootdisk. Still it can not be loaded. Then I gave up and went to bed. And next morning, when I switch on computer, I can use.
    Then I shutdowned in the afternoon, and I switch on the machine. I can not use.
    When I can not use system, I go and check the Bios. It's strange, BIOS can not see my hardrive and that's why it can not be loaded.
    What should I do?

Well first off it sounds like a hardware problem. So open computer and make shure that all the cables are plugged all the way in to the hdd (DO THIS WITH THE COMPUPTER TURNED OFF!) and to the motherboard and check all the other cables aslong as you are there, also check the condition of thi ide cable and the connectors. Then as long as the case is open turn on the power and see if the cooling fan on the cpu heatsink is working and the other case fans if they are present. This sounds like it could be a cooling issue if it is not a cable issue.

if this dose not solve the problem then post that and we will look deeper into the problem...
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    Thank you! I already tried it. My senior opened the system and check all the cable. All are fine. And after he cleaned the dust on hardisk, it works.
    It is because of dust.

np man
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds

Just Joined!
    Hi
    I stilll have that problem. And it happens contiuously. And my senior need to clean again and again. He told me that it shouldn't be too sensitive. And if we can not solved that problem in this week, I decided to bring the system back to that shop. And I just bought 3 months back.
    But I want to hear your words.

Linux Guru
    Well, it does seem as if there's something wrong with your hard drive in that case. That really is too bad for you, but it does happen occasionally. I also bought a new hard drive recently which started striking after just a few weeks. I returned it to the manufacturer and got a new one.

Just Joined!
    that happen to me too but what I did was remove the power cable and the ide cable from the pc. Then reattach and should be ok

Since it is that new then i would take it back and let the shop deal with it!
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules

Just Joined!
    Hello All,
    Yesterday, we went to the shop that I've bought and brought the system there. And My system sometimes can be loaded and sometimes can not. Then when the hardware switched on the machine , and it could be booted. He wanted to tell me that know problem.
    Then , I talked to him to switch on 10 times, it can show the problem. And he checked with his hardisk and there was no problem with his.And at last, he decided that that was harddisk problem. And he removed the harddisk and told us to take to the customer care center.
    I have to leave the harddisk there, and now I stop my work and just try to read. These people told me to come 4 days later.
    I don't know what will be next 4 days later.

sounds typical ...
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast