Find the answer to your Linux question:
Lenovo had announced A61e 45 watts PC with dual core AMD PC, powered by solar cell. Unfortunately according to local Lenovo support staff, A61 series is not compatible with Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question Looking for Solar Powered Linux PC

Lenovo had announced A61e 45 watts PC with dual core AMD PC, powered by solar cell.
    Unfortunately according to local Lenovo support staff, A61 series is not compatible with Linux and the PC cannot be used without the bundled Windows Vista. I canot buy the machine without MS Windows Vista.
    Is there any other solar powered PC bundled with Linux / 100% compatible with Linux?

Thank you.

Now, this is just a hunch, but I'm guessing either the hardware doesn't have generic linux drivers availible for it (unlikely) or IBM is full of crap and say that to sell Vista because of their Microsucks partnerships. Just an idea though.

Just Joined!
    Usually the person you are talking to knows absolutely nothing about linux. A lecturer of mine was once told by a british telecom tech support guy that "the internet is not compatible with linux" just because the unneeded software that they bundle with the "BT Home Hub" is only for windows (you don't need the software to use that piece of hardware or anything)

I don't see why solar cells would need drivers at all.

Wouldn't you just need a UPS (to keep it alive when there is no light) and a LOT of cells to generate enough power, and then plug it into a normal machine? Or a solar powered laptop power pack if you want a laptop (that would be much smaller, laptops have much lower power requirements)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close