Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded another iso, burned it just fine, installed elive with no problems; except now I have a login issue (maybe this should be moved to another thread) Just to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Still in need of help with Elive

I downloaded another iso, burned it just fine, installed elive with no problems; except now I have a login issue (maybe this should be moved to another thread)

Just to summarize my new issue, when trying to log in, it seems as though it's going to show me the desktop but instead it returns back to the login screen.

I was able to log in as root, though.

Please advice, thank you.

You are saying that you have installed the liveCD to your hard drive I assume? You say that you can login as root so you can try and create a user account then when you log out as root you should be able to login as a "user" you created.

ps: I recall trying to run one of the Elive CD's before Gem came out and it gave me login problems but that was running it as a liveCD.

Just Joined!
    I can log in as root. During installation, it asks me to enter a user and password (which I tried using to log in). I havent set up anything while logged in as root. I'll see if I can set up a user account from root.

Thanks