Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have recently installed suse linux 9.1 on a pc(athlon xp 2200+,256 ram ddr 333, 8,6gb hdd ata 100).after installation i figured out that when i boot from hard disk ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

Boot problem

i have recently installed suse linux 9.1 on a pc(athlon xp 2200+,256 ram ddr 333, 8,6gb hdd ata 100).after installation i figured out that when i boot from hard disk it shows grub stage2..... and doesn't boot the os.how can i boot the os?the hard drive uses reiser fs and is all for linux.maybe i have to clear the mbr.i have also heard about fixmbr command but i don;t know how to use it.can anyone help to clear my mbr...it maybe solve the problem.
    thanks!
    Linux For Ever!

What are the error messages if any? please post them.

hmmm.....can you boot off of the cd? and if so do you see the instalatinn on the hard drive? if so then could you post your /boot/grub/grub.conf (or menu.lst whichever has the config in it)and your /etc/fstab plaese.
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Linux Engineer
    Nevermin i put slackware 10 and i boot now from a floppy disk.Problem solved!Thanks
    Linux For Ever!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Mkay...