Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all- I am wet behind the ears as they say and have a quick question. I had Fedora Core 5 installed on an old PC of mine and was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 7 over Fedora Core 5

Hello all-

I am wet behind the ears as they say and have a quick question. I had Fedora Core 5 installed on an old PC of mine and was having some problems with it. I decided instead to try to install Fedora Core 7 and see if it would take care of my driver issues I was having (mainly with my NIC).

I now have Fedora Core 7 on a DVD but I cannot figure out how to install it on the system. I am using an external DVD Rom since my internal CD rom isn't being recognized.

When I put the DVD in, I am able to view it under "Computer" in Fedora Core 5 but I do not know how actually install FC7.

Any assistance would be appreciated...

Also, if I have a Linksys LNE2000 NIC, does anyone know if it will allow me to get online using FC7? It doesn't show up under the Ethernet list in FC5.

Thank you all very much...

Set DVD drive as First Boot Device in BIOS.
    Backup data and install Fedora 7 on existing Partitions.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Hi Casper thanks for replying.

The thing is that I don't have DVD as an option under Boot Sequence.

I only have CD Rom, Floppy and Hard Disk (I am using an external DVD Rom because my CD Rom isn't working...)