Find the answer to your Linux question:
have a dual boot ststem with WinXP and Suse 9.1. I have found that my linuxpartitions are too small and therfor I would like to remove Linux, shrink the windowpartition ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Uninstalling with FIXMBR?

have a dual boot ststem with WinXP and Suse 9.1. I have found that my linuxpartitions are too small and therfor I would like to remove Linux, shrink the windowpartition and re-install inux again. (I know I could change the partitions right now, but then I couldn't set them up exactly as I wanted, so I want it from schratch with only windows in the computer.)

I tried to follow the HOWTO, but my Windows CD which came with my laptop seems to be made for recovery-only, when i boot from the CD i am presented with a graphical inteface where I can chose to either make a complete re-install, a reinstall with my personal files left, or DOS prompt. I've tried the last two options. When I start DOS-prompt and type "fixmbr" it says: "Bad command or file name."
    When I chose "restore without changing personal files" it shows an error message saying something like "could not change OS"

Anyway my question is: Does my CD lack the Recovery Console or am I doing something wrong? (I've tried pressing R at different times, but it seems there's really no time for that...and it doesn't work)
    Is there any other way to use the FIXMBR command (Like from a Floppy or directly in windows?)

Just Joined!
    u could type at the dos prompt

fdisk /mbr