Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I have installed Fedora Core 6 as a image running in vmware workstation 5.5.2 on the host OS as Windows XP. My internet connection is available through the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry My Linux image doesnt access the network

Hi all
    I have installed Fedora Core 6 as a image running in vmware workstation 5.5.2 on the host OS as Windows XP. My internet connection is available through the local network of my office. The problem I am facing is that while I have fair access to the internet websites through the browsers in FC6 (guest OS) and even I can access local network PCs through GUI options like "My Network Servers" or "Connect to Server" menu options in GNOME desktop but I cannot access Network through the shell(bash). When I need to install or update any software the error shows that network is unreachable. I dont understand why it behaves like this. I have tried all vmware network options but all in vain. Can any body suggest me the solution.

Banned
    Your net, respectively network access, you can configure in either, or both:

1.) KDE menu

1.) The relevant files in your directory

Possible problem you have, is a confusion, created by using VM ware, as it creates virtutal spaces for for running operation systems on, etc., etc.

Try to understand better, what vmware is, what it does, and how it exactely works.

If you can find people that are familiar with vmware, they will be able to help solve your problem.