Find the answer to your Linux question:
i had suse 10.2 installed on my laptop dual booted with xp media center edition. but no matter what tutorial my wireless wouldnt work. so now i dont even have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help with install on laptop

i had suse 10.2 installed on my laptop dual booted with xp media center edition.
    but no matter what tutorial my wireless wouldnt work. so now i dont even have the .iso dvd of suse anymore or suse installed. and im looking for anew linux distro that is going to work on an acer aspire 3100-1033. i'd dual boot it with media center xp. i was thinking mandriva 2008?
    thanks,

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    Am Suse 10.3 and Mandriva 2008 will work perfectly, with all yo drivers installed.
    Try this Madriva one 2008 and Open Suse 10.3

Cheers
    Robin

Just Joined!
    thank you for the suggestions, i have mandriva 2008 downloaded, and am going to install it on my laptop. thank you for the quick reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by starship_troopers View Post
    thank you for the suggestions, i have mandriva 2008 downloaded, and am going to install it on my laptop. thank you for the quick reply.
    that was the easiest install for linux ever. my wireless works awesome, and i even have all the eye candy turned on...its amazing...im dumping windows....

Just Joined!
    Hi,
    I am reealy glad that u have join the club, u r most welcome, well will help u whenever u need our help.
    Thanx and trust me u will never ber disappointed in linux.

Cheers Mate
    Robin

Just Joined!
    thanks, i have gotten some friends to install it also. actually. love it. and the effects are awesome.