Find the answer to your Linux question:
Currently I have win 2k and Slackware 9. I would like to install Fedora Core 2(FC2) to play around with. Is there anything I should know ahead of time, before ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setting up a triple-boot system

Currently I have win 2k and Slackware 9. I would like to install Fedora Core 2(FC2) to play around with.

Is there anything I should know ahead of time, before going through with my FC2 installation?

The last time I installed Redhat 9 as the 3rd OS, I wasn't able to boot to Slackware 9 (The reason was that Redhat 9 was booting using Grub, while Slackware used Lilo and didnt' have Grub)

Just Joined!
    if you already hav a bootloader (Lilo) don't install GRUB.... i think theirs an option during the installation where you can tell FC2 that u are using a third party bootloader.... that should take care of the problem

Re: Setting up a triple-boot system

Quote Originally Posted by unicef2k
    (The reason was that Redhat 9 was booting using Grub, while Slackware used Lilo and didnt' have Grub)
    That wouldn't break it. The reason you couldn't boot your third OS is because grub was not configured correctly. There is no problem booting three OS's from grub as long as it's configured correctly.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    if you want to see what a multiple OS grub.conf looks like, have a look at the "solving boot problems with grub" post in the tutorial section. Near the bottom you'll find such a file.

have fun

Nerderello

Use Suse 10.1 and occasionally play with Kubuntu
    Also have Windows 98SE and BeOS