Find the answer to your Linux question:
m, k a few night ago, I installed xbuntu on an old dell laptop 8100. It was late at night and i was in and out of sleep, so I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question post setup go back

m, k a few night ago, I installed xbuntu on an old dell laptop 8100. It was late at night and i was in and out of sleep, so I skipped over the network setup part ( it said you could do it at a later time ) now that it's running ok, I'm ready to take it online, and of course, it won't connect to the internet ( using an ethernet cable ). I searched all around and can't find out where to set up the network connection from ? thanks for any help.

Just Joined!

Network card problem

Quote Originally Posted by bigvoo View Post
    m, k a few night ago, I installed xbuntu on an old dell laptop 8100. It was late at night and i was in and out of sleep, so I skipped over the network setup part ( it said you could do it at a later time ) now that it's running ok, I'm ready to take it online, and of course, it won't connect to the internet ( using an ethernet cable ). I searched all around and can't find out where to set up the network connection from ? thanks for any help.
    Hi,
    Ok i really dont know where u looked and i also dont know about Xbuntu, but i think what u can do for now, is go to your terminal and findout more about this command, iwconfig, maybe say like ´man iwconfig´ that could help.

Cheers
    Robin