Find the answer to your Linux question:
o.k I have xubuntu installed and running fine, and i understand that i did things maybe in the wrong order, by getting online first, and now going back and learning ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question good books/ manuals ?

o.k I have xubuntu installed and running fine, and i understand that i did things maybe in the wrong order, by getting online first, and now going back and learning basics, but i had a near dead computer that was begging to be saved ( big blue eyes blinking at me ) Looks like Ubuntu will be my OS on my main computer. I'm looking at the Ubuntu basics/beginners books. any one have suggestions wich would be a good newbie start from the beginning book ? I will mostly be just using linux for internet and word processing, but being in these forums has piqued my curiousity about the linux command line ( insert scary music ). thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    For some good free ebook options, do an advanced search of the Coffee Lounge for free books and you should come up with lots of posts with some good offerings.

For an Ubuntu specific hard copy book, there is Ubuntu 7.10 Linux Unleashed. It's available from lots of different sources, but I think Amazon.com offers it for a good price.

For learning command line, go to:

LinuxCommand.org: Learn the Linux command line. Write shell scripts.

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

Also you can use Ubuntu Guide for basic knowledge:
    Ubuntu:Gutsy -

Just Joined!
    i have quite a few good pdf and chm format manuals pm me