Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Glad to help you conradinsf !
    I will check that thread and let you know.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

All that work

Personal diary/update.

Well, after all that work installing Kubuntu and dual-boot XP, and with all the help by the experts, I decided to (unfortunately) install Ubuntu. Remember that my first install was Kubuntu. Why did I have to do this? Well, because I wanted to get my dual monitor setup working for Ubuntu (when I tried to mess around with a lot of things that I don't remember what I did), the system just stopped booting up and I could no longer even get to the grub menu. So, after reading some more that I can install the KDE desktop on Ubuntu, and because some "swear" that Gnome is more stable than KDE, I decided to do a base install with Ubuntu, and to install KDE-desktop. Whether this is true or not, it sounds like it really does not matter which one is installed first. I actually had this working on my old system (Kubuntu load, with Gnome-desktop).

It was, admittedly, a slow yet incremental progress. I don't mind at all, since this is the best way to learn how Linux (which is what I wanted to do in the first place). And, this is how I was able to learn about *ahem* Windows.

So, as I progress with this education, I thank you all for your assistance. And devils_casper, I may be needing your further assistance (if you don't mind).