Find the answer to your Linux question:
As it is clear in the title, I have a pc with celeron 1200Mhz processor with 256 mb ram, which distro should I choose for such as device for dual ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

celeron 1200 256MB ram dual boot with xp distro suggestion expected

As it is clear in the title, I have a pc with celeron 1200Mhz processor with 256 mb ram, which distro should I choose for such as device for dual booting with windows xp? My major work will be on linux. Still, would it be better if I dual boot it with windows 2000?

Sorry for asking such a common question and thanks in advance.

you should be able to run just about any of the current distro's on that hardware with not much problem, unless your video card isn't very good then some of the ones that use stuff like beryl/compiz-fusion might be slow to run

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can also check this poll for favorite distro for older/weaker computer hardware.

Have fun with Linux!
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by oguzhana View Post
    As it is clear in the title, I have a pc with celeron 1200Mhz processor with 256 mb ram, which distro should I choose for such as device for dual booting with windows xp? My major work will be on linux. Still, would it be better if I dual boot it with windows 2000?

Sorry for asking such a common question and thanks in advance.
    You should be able to get dual boot working with either Windows XP or 2000.

Linux Newbie
    It would be better to dual boot with 2000 as its much smaller, as long as support is not an issue for you. More & more software needs XP and XP2 at that. Drivers are the key. I used 2000 for as long as possible but I had to go over to XP now due to using a later graphics card, and some of the later software.

hope this helps