Find the answer to your Linux question:
I think my hard drive might be fried is there anyway to tell if this is the case. When I try to install my factory reboot disk for windows 2000( ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hard drive

I think my hard drive might be fried is there anyway to tell if this is the case. When I try to install my factory reboot disk for windows 2000( I have wolvix hunter 1.1.0 and PClinux 2007 coming in the mail and would like to use my computer till then. I guess I would like to know also if there is a way to test my hard drive, geek squad told me that they would test if for 58$ and I don't want to spend that. help thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC2RIF View Post
    I think my hard drive might be fried is there anyway to tell if this is the case. When I try to install my factory reboot disk for windows 2000( I have wolvix hunter 1.1.0 and PClinux 2007 coming in the mail and would like to use my computer till then. I guess I would like to know also if there is a way to test my hard drive, geek squad told me that they would test if for 58$ and I don't want to spend that. help thanks in advance!!
    You could try the ultimate boot cd - Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

oz
    forum.guy
    Check your hard-drive manufacturer's website for software downloads that can be used to test your drive. If you bought the drive directly, it might have come with a disk containing the diagnostics tools.

If it's not totally already dead, you should be able to run some tests to decide for sure about it.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close