Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a raid mobo with a 80 gig partitiond.C:\Xp Pro and then storageD:\(progams music ect.)Just bought a 40 gig hd. NOW-Want to install Linux dual boot. Should I Just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

install ? from a virgin

I have a raid mobo with a 80 gig partitiond.C:\Xp Pro and then storageD:\(progams music ect.)Just bought a 40 gig hd.
    NOW-Want to install Linux dual boot.
    Should I Just install new hdd and put Linux there (Raid or other wise) or should I trans fer my storage to new hdd and install linux on my partition?
    Does it make any difference?
    I Had on problem that I messed up my master boot record-don't even want to do that agian!
    By the way, did I say I was an absolute Linux virgin?

you can't do a raid with hard drives that are different sizes, you should have not much problems having linux on one drive and keeping windows on the other

Just Joined!
    That leaves out raid (it was just something I new nothing about) Should I use the dual boot installer in linux or Partision magic 8?
    Thanks for the reply

most of the linux installers are pretty good at detecting the other operating systems that are currently installed, but sometimes having them on seperate drives can cause some confusion, but as long as the grub boot loader is installer properly and you can boot to linux, you can manually edit the config file to boot your windows. Also I recommend before installing that you download the SuperGrub cd (just google it) and burn it so that way even if something gets messed up all you have to do is use the supergrub cd to revert back to windows at least so you can get some help.

Just Joined!
    googling now!