Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay first some background information. I am running 1 computer with Windows XP sp2 and am using a WMP54G 802.11G Wireless Router. Right next to it is my other computer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Red face Odd Problem

Okay first some background information. I am running 1 computer with Windows XP sp2 and am using a WMP54G 802.11G Wireless Router. Right next to it is my other computer which has no connection to the internet. I currently have Gutsy Gibbon installed in it right now. The problem I have is that I am wanting to switch either SuSE or Mint, however I don't have any CD's to burn, have internet connection, or an install disc. I was wondering, possibly, if there is a way to either get connectivity to the web or cut through and just install an OS through an Ethernet connection between the two computers? Thanks! =]

Quote Originally Posted by Zspitfire04 View Post
    Okay first some background information. I am running 1 computer with Windows XP sp2 and am using a WMP54G 802.11G Wireless Router. Right next to it is my other computer which has no connection to the internet. I currently have Gutsy Gibbon installed in it right now. The problem I have is that I am wanting to switch either SuSE or Mint, however I don't have any CD's to burn, have internet connection, or an install disc. I was wondering, possibly, if there is a way to either get connectivity to the web or cut through and just install an OS through an Ethernet connection between the two computers? Thanks! =]
    If you look on the OpenSUSE website there are a number of ways to install, but I think investing in a couple of CDs or DVDs is likely to be the easiest option.

oz
    forum.guy
    I agree with Jonathan183 that picking up a few blank CDs is probably the easiest route, but you can look at this HowTo if you really want to try installing from one machine to another.
    oz

The main problem that I have with blank cd's is that I live in a small town and the closest to getting some are about 30 miles away. I am too young to drive, so it's very difficult to get. Also, i managed to find 1 blank cd and tried burning Mandrivia on it but somehow it failed at about 98% and so I am forced back to square 1.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zspitfire04 View Post
    so I am forced back to square 1.
    Let us know how the HowTo works out for you, and good luck with it.
    oz