Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Yep, that sums it up. I used supergrub to try and boot the root partition which gave Error 13 and then I tried to find under the GNU/Linux option, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Yep, that sums it up.

I used supergrub to try and boot the root partition which gave Error 13 and then I tried to find under the GNU/Linux option, but it just restarted and came back to NTLDR

Something is wrong with Installation Media. Did it throw any error message or info regarding any package install failure during installation?
    I would suggest you to re-burn .iso image.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Sweet, success! As per your advice, I checked the md5 and then reburned it and reinstalled it. I can boot into windows and linux and everything works. I did get one error message though:

"The Security updates on security.ubuntu.com couldn't be accessed so those updates will not be made available to you at this time. You should investigate this later.
    Commented out entries for security.ubuntu.com have been added to the /etc/apt/sources.list file."

Press Alt+F2 and type this
    Code:
    gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
    It will open sources.list file in Gedit.
    Remove # sign before Security line(s). Remove # sign before lines having words Universe and Multiverse too.
    Open Synpatic ( Its package manager of Ubuntu, look for it in Menu. ) and click on Reload -- Mark All Upgrades -- Apply buttons.
    You machine will be updated with latest packages. You can search and install any package through Synaptic.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2