Find the answer to your Linux question:
hai I am total a newbie regarding the wolrd of Linux and i try these days to install Linux on my PC for the 1st time in my life. Tell ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

install redhat 9.0 on a software RAID System

hai

I am total a newbie regarding the wolrd of Linux and i try these days to install Linux on my PC for the 1st time in my life.

Tell me how to install under RAID

Wow this is such a question that cannot be answerd with a short reply. Do you understand how RAID work and what level of RAID do you want?

Just Joined!
    I'm also looking to set up a Linux box as NAS with RAID5 on three disks. I've had a look at the HOWTO and it mentions that it's included in some distros install utilities, which is going to be a lot easier than converting afterwards. Sorry to hijack, but does anyone actually know if any install programs will set up Softraid for you?

I beleve the RH/FC installer can setup a RAID array i dont know how to use it since I have always created it manualy, Sorry.

Just Joined!
    RH I take it is Redhat, but what is FC?

Yeh sorry Redhat and Fedora Core I remember when i installed FC1 the other day to see what is like they had a create RAID array button in disk druid but as i have said ive never used it. HTH

Just Joined!
    FC2 wont install at all. After loading the core it just bombs back to the BIOS, as if it had just been turned on.