Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I want to install fedora 6 on my IBM laptop. the configuration is: Intel Core T5250 1.5 GHz processor. 160 GB hard disk.le Intel 965 chipset motherboard. Mobi When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Installation problem in Lenovo 3000 Y4100

Hi
    I want to install fedora 6 on my IBM laptop. the configuration is:
    Intel Core T5250 1.5 GHz processor.
    160 GB hard disk.le Intel 965 chipset motherboard.
    Mobi
    When the start the installation, it starts properly. But, when it comes to decide where to install it. it gives four options as usual. But, the box below "Select the drive(s) to use for this installation" it doesnt show me any drive. So, when i try to click next, it says Error. Device not found.
    can anyone tell me why it is not able to detect my hard disk. I need to install fedora for my coursework. I need to do it as soon as possible.

Anisa

Just Joined!
    The same problem occured to me when I tried to install red hat. The older versions of most of the distros (except Ubuntu, ?) doesn't recognise the SATA drive. The suggestion I got was to get one of the new versions (I am trying Fedora 8.0) which should be able to recognise SATA drives. So try Fedora 8.0 instead of 6.

I agree with mdnayeem. You should install latest version, Fedora 8 only. However, Fedora Core 6 supports SATA disks too. Try typing all-generic-ide option after highlighting Installation in Main Menu.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Hi
    thanks for the help..

Glad to help you ! Have you sorted out problem? Has Fedora been installed in your machine?

Just Joined!
    No. not yet. I downloaded wrong distro mistakenly. hopefully, 2mrw i'll try with the right one.

Okk ! Do let us know how it goes. Good Luck !