Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I want to install a Linux flavor on my laptop HP dv6700t Special edition. The config of the laptop is Intel core2duo 1.67 Ghz, 3 GB ram, 250 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux on HP dv6700t Special Edition

Hi All, I want to install a Linux flavor on my laptop HP dv6700t Special edition. The config of the laptop is Intel core2duo 1.67 Ghz, 3 GB ram, 250 Gb HDD and Nvidia Video card. I have Fedora 8, Freespire and Open suSE 10.3 with me. Haven;t tried installing them. If anybody has tried installing linux on HP dv6000 series laptop please help me. At this point I would like to have an OS with most of the drivers. Plz. help

Hi Parakh,

If you're fairly new to Linux, I would suggest trying out a few LiveCD's first. These will give you a fair idea of which distros have the best hardware detection for your individual laptop. Fedora and SUSE both have LiveCD's, as do several that are Debian based. Lot's of these CD's now have options to do an install if you decide that you llike what you see.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Parakh View Post
    Hi All, I want to install a Linux flavor on my laptop HP dv6700t Special edition. The config of the laptop is Intel core2duo 1.67 Ghz, 3 GB ram, 250 Gb HDD and Nvidia Video card. I have Fedora 8, Freespire and Open suSE 10.3 with me. Haven;t tried installing them. If anybody has tried installing linux on HP dv6000 series laptop please help me. At this point I would like to have an OS with most of the drivers. Plz. help
    I got opensuse 10.3 and arch installed in a dv6397ea. In suse everything worked out of the box. The wireless (intel 3945) had no problem connecting, there was an issue with using headphones which was solved, the webcam is working with kopete, the multimedia keys work also. arch needed a little tweaking but generally I haven't faced any serious problem.
    Linux is like a Teepee, No Windows, No Gates, Only Apache Inside!
    Arch Linux
    Linux user #442041

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Dear Valemon please tell me the series to which your HP laptop belongs. Mine belong to the dv6000 series and specifically the model no. is dv6700t special Edition. Plese shed more light on arch. I have tried to run live open suse and worked fine but could not make the m'media keys work (i.e. the tou keys near the speakers). Also how did you connected to wifi internet. Plz help