Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've tried linux for a few weeks, and I'm still very dependant on windows, and rarely use it anymore. So, I wish to remove it and use only windows xp ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question on getting rid of Linux

I've tried linux for a few weeks, and I'm still very dependant on windows, and rarely use it anymore. So, I wish to remove it and use only windows xp for the moment. I currently have a dual boot working, with my linux partition being set as the active partition. How would I remove the linux partition and boot from windows normally without there being any kind of problems?

Just Joined!
    I'm not sure anyone here has ever deleted linux to run windoze. Most of us are pro (not professional. in the supportive sense.) linux people. I would recomend just reinstalling windoze from scratch, deleting linux in the process.

Linux Newbie
    personally, i find this type of topic quite blasphemous. and personally would never perform the sacriligious rites that i am about the give isntruction on.

first boot up in your windows xp cd and go to recovery console and then to a dos like terminal and issue the command fixmbr. then reboot, you will notice the option to boot linux is gone. then use a program like powerquests partition magic to reformat all of your linux partitions over to ntfs.

i would strongly recommend giving alms to the poor after such acts.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    hafnium,
    How could you?
    For pennance, say 3 Hail Bob's and make an honest act of attrition.
    Perhaps something like, say, get your local shop to donate 3 basket case computers, rebuild them, install Linux(the prefered would be Slack) and donate them to your local community center.
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Linux Newbie
    i probably should, but i'm not catholic. what do i do now?

and yes, slackware is a fine distro.