Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed Slackware 12.0 onto a CF Card yesterday and was wondering what steps I should take to make sure my CF Card doesn't take a dumb fairly quickly (due ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Installing onto flash card

I installed Slackware 12.0 onto a CF Card yesterday and was wondering what steps I should take to make sure my CF Card doesn't take a dumb fairly quickly (due to too much writing). Before I rebooted, after installation was completed, I made sure to change the hd's mount parameters in fstab to include "noatime".

I successfully booted into the system after that, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should do to ensure longevity of the card?

I've search for some info, but it seems no one is going this route, instead just installing using a LiveCD-style setup. This isn't going to really cut it for me since I need to install and uninstall software fairly often, so need write access to the root file-system.

Thanks
    "Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for it!" --Bad Religion

Linux Enthusiast
    I just remembered I'll probably need to do something with /var and maybe /tmp (probably not so much in /tmp). Maybe a ramdisk? Any ideas would be great.
    "Today you are freer than ever to do what you want, provided you can pay for it!" --Bad Religion