Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I wish to install the Brazilian distro FAMELIX 1.3 Professional while keeping my Windows XP too. But the problem is that while it is stated in distrowatch that this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question FAMELIX 1.3 Professional Dual boot Installation. Help!

Hi,

I wish to install the Brazilian distro FAMELIX 1.3 Professional while keeping my Windows XP too. But the problem is that while it is stated in distrowatch that this version is in English too and also when I begin to install the distro there is the English option, everything is written in Portueguese and its impossible for me to understand anything at all. Also I wish to install this distro in a separate partition reserved for Linux distros but I cant understand how to install it in that partition. It seems that the distro would get installed on the complete hard drive. Would someone help me in this? Thanks in advance.

DistroWatch.com: Famelix GNU/Linux

http://www.famelix.com.br/

Installers normally allow you to resize a Windows partition if you have one and create partitions for Linux in the remaining space. If you are struggling to setup partitions you can use the PartedMagic CD to do this.

Backup your user data ... photos and documents etc before you resize the partition or do the install. It is also worth running defrag in Windows on the partition before you resize it.

You are likely to need to create at least two partitions, one for / (root) and one swap. The root partition normally needs to be ext3, the swap partition is type linux swap. This may help. You could also google linux partitioning.

You could try resizing the Windows partition using PartedMagic and then try running the install program and see if there is an option to use unallocated disk space.