Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everyone, please im confused i need help about deleting my vista partition in laptop hp dv6000,i bought it new with two partitions, one is for the recovery and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question deleting partition problem

hi everyone,
    please im confused i need help about deleting my vista partition in laptop hp dv6000,i bought it new with two partitions, one is for the recovery and the other one is for windows vista, first i installed mandriva but it didn't work because of my graphics card driver was not preinstalled on mandriva of course i created two partition ext3 and swap, then i used ubuntu live cd and i deleted those two partitions (ext3,swap) , now i can't at all change partitions , neither deleting nor creating partitions.
    i tried to boot with vista or the recovery dvd, it stop at the loading, even the failsafe mode it stops in loading a file nammed like disk.sys
    please i need any solutions ,known that the lilo(boot) still work.

Boot from the Ubuntu live CD, open a terminal and enter
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    and post the output here.
    Also tell us which operating systems you are wanting on your PC.

Just Joined!
    i looked for similar problems in the i web, i found that the problem is from the tatoo, it makes the bios and motherboard and harddisk related to each others. i found the solutions but i need to know how to enter DOS mode with the dvd recovery